Our client is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Their foundations are strong, and they’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing their customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision.
By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, they have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2022 will be their best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people – from their large engineering and product teams, to the fast-growing sales, supplier, and member experience orgs, to the data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, they show their DNA every day with their curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
They are looking for a Vertical Marketing Manager to lead the strategy and execution of integrated marketing campaigns within priority industries. As a key member of the growth marketing team, this person will be responsible for developing programs to drive demand in key vertical markets.
The individual in this role will be charged with planning and executing a coherent vertical marketing plan, including both direct and digital marketing, social media, retargeting, and field events.
- Own and execute demand generation campaigns on the company’s key verticals aligned with their sales strategy.
- Develop messaging and materials for vertical campaigns that are consistent with the company and brand positioning and aligned to target personas and segments.
- Conduct extensive research related to the company’s core vertical markets and apply learnings to strategy.
- Partner with the content team to develop compelling content that generates awareness and quality leads within key vertical markets.
- Scout and manage events and sponsorships aligned with the target audience – some travel required.
- Partner with industry-specific media companies to build and execute campaigns designed to generate awareness and qualified leads within key vertical markets.
- Employ a disciplined approach to lead management and program performance, aligning lead management process to campaign strategies and partnering with inside sales to enable effective disposition and nurturing of leads.
- Design, build, and monitor reporting to measure overall program effectiveness, communicate performance against KPIs, and identify key insights & opportunities.
- Manage weekly and monthly reporting and tracking, flagging issues for internal stakeholders and report metrics appropriately.
- Report to the Senior Manager, Growth Marketing.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, related field or equivalent experience.
- Expert with 3-5 years of experience in vertical marketing, segment marketing, or related experience.
- Demonstrated track record of creating successful and revenue-impacting marketing campaigns.
- Experience managing events from scouting all the way through to execution.
- Experience using marketing automation solutions (Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot) and Salesforce.com.
- A solid background in lead and campaign management.
- Data-driven and able to turn customer insights into actionable growth initiatives.
- A strong affinity to work with sales and partnering with them to help them succeed.
- Strong experience measuring program effectiveness and ROI.
- Exceptional and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle many simultaneous priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented and excellent problem-solver.
- Solid team player - we achieve more as a team!
- Strongly align with Hotel Engine’s core values: customer obsessed, bias for action, think big!
- Ability to legally work in the US (sponsorship not available).
- Ability to travel.
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office applications
In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, the company offers benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries.
- Stock options for all associates.
- Performance-based stock options.
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees), 100% paid dental and vision insurance.
- Generous time-off including unlimited PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year.
- Parental leave and family medical leave.
- 401(k) match.
For additional information, please contact:
David Holton – Director, Americas
D/L: +1 (916)474-4680